Warning Signs of Illegal Bugging
THE THREATS ARE REAL AND EVOLVING DAILY!
TECHNICAL EAVESDROPPING AND SURVEILLANCE ARE AN INCREASING THREAT
Eavesdropping, electronic surveillance, and covert surveillance are all on a dramatic increase and a huge threat to corporations, government agencies and any one who has information that others want. This is due in part to the very competitive business commercial and political environment we live in, as well as the huge profits that the sale of stolen intelligence can bring. On a domestic front, divorce and asset division can bring a potential ex-spouse to bug and eavesdrop on their home to gain an advantage. And finally, high-net worth clients are always susceptible to being bugged to gain information that could be used against them.
The ability to identify some of the signs of covert surveillance can help you to identify and deal with potential threats to your business, reputation, competitiveness and bottom line before critical damage occurs.
Technical surveillance has shifted dramatically to remote monitoring through the use of cellular and Wi-Fi technologies. Technical threats include:
- Competitive proposals, quotes or bids are being awarded to your competitors.
- The contents of confidential documentation is quoted or referred to by outsiders.
- There are signs of interference in the quality of your electronic communications such as emails, voice mails, and other communications.
Surveillance through technical processes involve safeguarding your information. We all are at risk to have our information stoten through technical means that include:
- Sudden continuous or intermittent interference to various systems including audio, video, and wireless communications.
- Electrical outlets, wall plates, phone jacks, or fixtures and fittings seem to have been moved or are not straight when no work has been conducted.
- New items (radios, clocks, phones, power adapter, lamp, calculator etc.) suddenly appear in your office or home with no hint of how they got there.
Human surveillance can include any of the following:
- Your office or home shows signs of unexplained disturbance, meaning it appears someone was there.
- Your office or home has been the victim of a commercial or private burglary with very little loss or no loss.
- Damaged or disturbed ceiling tiles or debris is discovered on surfaces could indicate unauthorized entry into the false ceiling or tampering. False or drop ceilings are the prime locations for eavesdroppers.
- Contractor’s vehicles, often vans, are parked near to your building for extended periods of time.
- Unscheduled workmen turn up to perform maintenance work on the air conditioning, plumbing, electrical, telephone cabling.
Immediate Steps to Take Now
1) Take action to safeguard your information by using our secure contact form or call us directly from a phone outside the area you suspect is bugged. Our direct number is 866-448-3138.
2) We are an experienced, licensed, insured, technical surveillance countermeasures corporation. We hold a wealth of experience in discovering and dealing with the risks posed by both active and passive electronic listening devices by having over 25 years in investigation experience.